July 25, 2020
July 25, 2020
Hallelujah Macedonia Family & Friends!!
It’s another day’s journey and I’m glad about it!! Are you glad?!
Today I want to talk to you about overcoming the burden of heaviness.
THE EFFECT OF HEAVINESS
· It darkens our countenance. Our hearts are downcast. This brings a "heaviness" over us.
· It robs us of our hope. The room may actually look darker.
· It brings a heavy, oppressive feeling. It quenches our faith.
· It may come over many at once, like a plague. It can be like a cloud, hanging over a place.
· It causes us to isolate, it steals our love, makes us feel alone. (totalchange.org)
Given the magnitude of this we must be armed to fight back. Ephesians 6:11 tells us we must put on the full armour of God to stand against the tricks of the devil. Heaviness is but one of his many devices.
Over these past months, we have emphasized the importance of perseverance and endurance. But In doing so, we must overcome those things that weigh us down. Isaiah 61 reminds is to “put on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness”. A song we sometimes sang during worship service says it best — “Praise is what I do, when I’m going through...”
PRAISE GOD Macedonia! Regardless of what happened or didn’t happen! PRAISE GOD Macedonia for all the great things He has done!
As you start every day, make this positive declaration:
“This is the day that the Lord has made. I WILL rejoice and be glad about it!” (Psalm 118:24 NKJV). We can make it Macedonia!
Peace & Love,
John L. Brooks
REGISTER FOR VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL AUGUST 3RD – 5TH BELOW AT:https://macedonia.breezechms.com/form/VBSSignup
Bible Study Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
Adult Sunday School at 8:30 a.m.
Sunday Worship Service at 9:45 a.m.
Facebook and Livestream at https://livestream.com/accounts/3643109/events/2057916
Youth Sunday School via Zoom at https://www.macedoniakc.org/sunday-school-ministry